Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My current babies


For the next few days these will be the only "babies" in my and my husband's life. In the top photo is our fat cat "Poutine", a well deserved name. In the bottom photo is our younger, fluffy cat "Panthro". When we first adopted her we swore she was a he, thus getting the Thundercats name. After discovering our mistake, we just kept the name.

Poutine was adopted from a local shelter. Her name was originally Ana and of the four rooms full of cat crates she stood out to me. Even as they were closing down for the night and the other cats were curling up to sleep, she knew she was going home so she stood right at the edge of her cage waiting for me. Panthro came from an old co-worker of my husband's. His female cat mated with a local stray. My husband couldn't pass up a free kitten to befriend our other cat so he brought her home.
I am not too sure how the furbabies will react to a new member in the household. Poutine, I think, will be more curious. Panthro might hide for a few days. I just hope they don't get too jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment